Labels

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Urzurum 18 November




This city I assume is very old. There is not much available in English. The city is in a basin surrounded by snow clad hills. There are some significant buildings of the 1300 era and a city wall, that only remains in parts, but other than that little.


Its a pity as I sit here waiting for a visa. Typical online purchase drama. You pay and hope. If what ou pay for you do not get, you have no recourse.


I suspect Iranianvisa is a company operating from the US contrary to the no trade with Iran policy so it is difficult to know how real they are.....


My problem is that the Iran Embassy insisted I use them. Somebody is getting paid I guess.


The guy in the Embassy couldn't be nicer, but says he can do nothing. Seems nor can I.


If they dont perform tomorrow I may have to ask everyone to send em an email asking what they are doing ?


I will have to look through my photo's to see if anything else will interest.


Yes I was impressed by the carpet washers as well.


nzl04