Labels

Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday 17 November Iranianvisa











The Embassy in London, to me go to Istanbul. Quicker for Visa.
I went to Istanbul. I was told we do not issue Visa. Apply "on-line"
I applied on-line. The "on-line" party is a private organisation.
The process was seemingly simple other than the payment instructions. They cannot use "pay-pal" because of US economic sanctions ?

So we remitted the money. Plus a fast processing fee. It can take 10 business days if I do not pay the fast processing fee ! That was 10 business days ago.

The fast handling feee was to get the visa in 5 working days.

So I sit in a Hotel in the coldest city I have ever been in, and wait.

Meanwhile iranianvisa.com do not respond. They have one contact info@iranianvisa.com .......

This may be a major problem for me. It is getting cold. I have already been delayed 2 weeks with Visa's and this is the last straw really.

It would make for a much better feeling if they responded but when the line goes dead it feels like a scam.

There is a "US" telephone number which also makes me uneasy. US business morals are suspect at the best of times. Sorry to my US mates but having dealt with Goat Riders, Goofy maps, Microwhatever, and others too numerous to mention, I hold a view that they believe the customer is a resource to exploit. Sad really, but who dreamed up this financial scam that has stalled the worlds economies.

I would like some feedback on this one. If trade has turned from plus 2% to negative 2% (say)how come 5% is such an issue ? Or has it really slowed far worse than that because the consumer is struggling with a property hangover ? Really, all the world ? Or in reality had the world geared up to produce more than we needed and this is the consequence, oversupply falling demand...too much of everything and when I ride past houses partly completed and look like they never will then perhaps thats an explanation.

Lets hope it all comes right tomorrow as its 3.30 pm and getting dark.

As its a no ride day I will see if I can find a couple of snaps that relate to other things that you will recognise.
nzl04