Labels

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last day Norway 13 August





The ride from Bergen was great but despite the pleasure the pain of the wet and the cold got to me before I reached my destination ( suggested by the Shellshop girl) of Neset, so after 360k I stopped at the Setesdal Hotel right on the shores of a stone walled lake, complete with grass roof. And well pleased I was. Really nice people.
So I set off for the coast as the lakes increased and the valleys widened. This is a great summer camping hiking and fishing spot if Norway has another one.
My destination Kristiansand was visited, and I carried on. Found a very attractive seaside town and asked the Shell lady where I was. "Here vid me" was her reply. Good humour for this self proclaimed shy people. However she did put me on to Route "44" and it was as she promised beautiful.
This was great riding. Stone walled fjords, harbours nestled in rocky shores as the North sea raged outside.
This is a special land, thats for sure. The rocky mountainsides gave way to rolling pasture with cows and onions, (why onions I wonder ?) the only crop grown.
The destination was Stavanger. A cobble stoned city where I would embark for Birmingham tomorrow.
nzl04