Labels

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ballybunion to Neems 23 August

This was my Ring of Kerry day. First I rode the "smaller ring to the north which we a very good ride. More dramatic coastline and then into Tralee where the Rose of Tralee competition was being held. Some young ladies on their way to the town for the weekend told me about it.
So I stopped in the town to see what was happening and luckily where I parked was a policeman. Very decent looking mature cop I thought so I asked him "whats on". He looked at me very seriously before replying " fuck all". He then consulted a booklet from his inside pocket and said well there is painting in the square and a bouncy castle behind the cathedral.
I decided not to stay for such serious fun.
The "ring" turned out to be rather a disappointment as it was invisible through the fog and rain, so I stopped at Neems hoping that tomorrow would be better.
nzl04