Labels

Saturday, January 31, 2009

24 January Amvarati to Jabalpur




I am on a mission to make the miles. Its a long ride today and no matter who I ask I cannot get them to agree to a "secondary road". No wonder the main roads are so conjested. It will be about 420 k so I decide not to rebel and head to Ngapur. This would be the most European city I have seen so far. Street signs, curbing, paving, shops, trees without animals under them, some semblance of order and tidyness. Sadly I am just passing and as hard as it is to get round or through a city here I managed this one loosing only about half an hour backtracking.
Sorry I have the wrong pictures. These are typical scenes however. The way out of town is obvious by the road ! and the ladies are everywhere, in great colour, usually carrying something.

The road to Jabalpur is countryside but main road, so trucks, villages where the road disappears and reappears on the other side.

The evenings are a great time to ride with the setting sun and the colours but then it turns to black pretty quick and if a Hotel is not found by then ...problems, because they have no real signage. Anyway I got lucky after trying one place that said "park on street very safe" a journaist said he would take me to a place and he did.

After lengthy explanations and pleadings, "please do not touch the bike" I came down the net morning to find some grinning car park attendant with the cover off showing his mates "his" bike. His explanation, was he was cleaning it ! I really am getting to hate these lying little fukkers.
So another night another Hotel and no internet. Well done India.
nzl04