Labels

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

12/13 January to Pushkar

This is the clasic tourist town, not just foreighers but locals as well. It has a religious past.
For me it has been a place to sit in the sun, eat some lunch at lunch time and do some bike maitenance and laundry duties.
In fact a day off in a short sleeved shirt.
The beauty of the town is destroyed by the idiots on motor cycles that roar through the narrow streets with blaring horns. What a damn shame.
I got a reprimand from an Indian gentleman that read my blog, very nicely, but he was concerned about my criticism of Indian driving. Well there is no doubt it is the worst in the world, and thats a sad fact. That Indians make some concession and adjust for speeding cars that do not indicate and drive on the wrong side of the road because it is smoother, does not change the problem. Dangerous drivers. Another biker has ended up in hospital with some breakages sadly, don't know who caused it but India takes its toll on foreign riders.
So tomorrow I head for Udaipur in the South of Rhajistan. With luck I will find the right road, a new one, it will be fine and sunny and the other vehicles will stay on their side of the road !
With luck I will also find a Hotel with an internet connection so I can add some pictures.
I better add that India is part of the experience. Its a tough part but not to be missed.
nzl04