Labels

Saturday, January 24, 2009

23 January Ajanta to Amravati




The ride through the countryside when away from the main truck routes are great. These are pictures from "along the road".

I really find the Indian countryside a pleasant place to ride of course that means it is necessary to disregard the the driving, the roads, the congestion of animals bikes people and so on.

As for Amravati, I can find nothing to support any justification at all for ever going to that place again.

I had to get a Policeman to find a hotel for me, and then having put the cover on the bike and as I had thought retired for the night I discovered that the security staff had taken off the cover in order to show their friends, sit on it and take pictures.

The Manager could not work out why I was annoyed. And I was !

This is the second time Hotel security staff has held a little side show after taking off the cover, and just one more of the reasons I rail about a lack of morality in commerce here. Not that it happened but that the management could not see why it shouldn't and why I was annoyed. And why was I, because I lost the lense cover in that escapade, and I still have a problem as a result of the tip over when I got hit by the truck that means another knock and I loose part of my handlebar and I would like to avoid that.

nzl04