Labels

Friday, December 26, 2008

Xmas eve to Lahore 375 k




Got the escourt up early and we were away at 8.45. They are a good team, nice guys.
Just out of town I had my biggest suprise of the day, a man walking down the road with a Black Bear on a lead. That was a first but sadly I could not stop for a picture. My escourts get a little short about pictures.
So after many changes and lots of time parked on the side of the road waiting I was waved on 45k out of Lahore. Find my own way !
But I did with some very sketchy directions, but what a noisy dirty dump and this was supposed to be a decent midrange Hotel.
Down the road (with my Policeman) for some food. Well food ?
Greasy curry mutton and not much of it and naan bread.
Hardly satisfying so tried a pastry and tea on the way back. No better !
nzl04