Labels

Friday, December 26, 2008

Tuesday 23rd to Multan




A short ride and despite the escourt we got there in good time so could get in some shrines and mausoleums. They are very grand edifices, and full of very sincere worshipers. It still confuses me why.
However, I was informed that this was the home town of the Prime Minister so I must travel in the Police ute for sightseeing. It did mean we got to many sites quickly and for me and my four bodyguards we saw what we wanted. The city pict. I chose to show the old and the new and the Mosque was actually very pretty, (yes goats and mosques its time to move on !).
The ride to Mutlan was actually rather pleasant.
Agricultural land. Lots of crops, trees, (avocado I thought) citrus, I was amazed at the level of production but then again the level of consumption is pretty impressive also. There are a lot of people here.
Every concievable for of transport. Women, bikes, trailers towed by donkeys ( the backbone of Pakistan) horses, Ox, tractors, the lot and all loaded up to the maximum.
The busses have people and goods on the roof, the Mini vans have goods and people wherever thay can find a grip to hang on. Even in the rain. They are a hardy lot.
The show stealers however are the goats. They have very elegant goats ( yes I know that sounds odd but they are shiny long legged things with huge drooping ears, they look great.
nzl04