Labels

Friday, December 12, 2008

Tuesday 9th December




I am in an internet cafe ( at last) without my diary.
So I had made Yazd having ridden from Esfahan. It was over a very cold mountain pass of 2600m but I did manage to find my way and the snow was not too fresh.
Yazd is a desert city, famous for its water systems. The picture is the top of a water tank and the towers are for cooling.
The other picture is a builder mixing "muck" a mix of mud and straw ( didnt see the manure but guess it was in there) which is used to apply to the walls of the buildings. Pretty simple process really.
As indicated the ride was mountainous and of little note. Not a lot of attractions.
I stayed in the Silk road Hotel, a budget stye with dormitories a caravanserai I guess, and some rooms opening onto a covered courtyard. Made a pleasant effect.
Met a Canadian there riding a bike to Pakistan. All I could think was there are a lot of pretty staunch young guys out there because that is very hard work.
nzl04