Labels

Friday, December 26, 2008

Monday 22nd to Bahawalpur




This is just a leg on the way to Lahore really but it included a visit to Uch Sharif one of the "premier" historic sites. A mausoleum, yet again.
Did I mention that I was again escourted by the blue Toyota ute and the armed police. I suppose in the event of a problem I would be grateful, but it does make for pretty bad riding. Travel 35k, change escourt, shake hands 8 times (or more) can't complain about these geys, very nice friendly guys all of them but very inconvenient really.
While stopped on the roadside waiting I took the sunset picture.
However the 300k took 10 hours and we arrived late where I had a Hotel selected but they insisted I go to theirs and it was not pleasant. Overcharged, dirty, unhelpful, a nasty experience.
nzl04