Labels

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brisbane 23 March







After a rapid ride across Australia, 3500k in 5 days I have made it to Brisbane.



It was a strange feeling to be in Aussie after the crowds of everywhere else. First class roads, and no one on them. No traffic at all. In 5 days I was overtaken by about 10 vehicles. It was wierd. Also Australia is so flat. I came down one hill nearing Brisbane. The rest was flat. It ranged from flat and dry to flat and green and flat with trees........just no people.



There was little to see or observe on other than the dead animals on the road. There were so many of them. Mainly Wallabies, or Kangaroos, but also an Emu, a Fox, some Dogs a Cat and birds but so many it was amazing and smelly as you may imagine.



There were lots of birds (live) and a couple of what I took for Eagles. Huge birds. Must have stood as high as the handlebars. What an impressive bird. I did see other live things as well you will be pleased to note and a bushfire by the road. Not a person anywhere, just a merry blaze !



So I have made it across Australia.



Now I put the bike on the boat to New Zealand.



So its then on to Bluff to complete the journey of Top to Bottom !



nzl04