Labels

Saturday, October 25, 2008

21 Oct Konstanz to somewhere near Silandro in Italy




I went from Konstanz to Lichtenstein and south to Davos and there the passes started. 2000 metres and simply breathtaking. Lots of them but I wanted more. Its a magical place to ride a bike. The co-ordinates are for Lichtenstein where all I could do was have my lunch made specially by the lady in the bread shop. So it was into the mountains. Past Davos and into Italy.
The ADAC put out a huge lever arch file of maps of moutain passes to ride.....cant wait to get back here.
Anyway it was good fortune that I found a hotel right on dark. I do not enjoy night rides. As well this time of the year as the sun goes down so does the temperature and its gets very cold in the mountains. Those magical awesome mountains with fresh snow sprinkled on them.
The area is full of fruit trees and vinyards. Tractors hauling apples everywhere The thing that amused me was that the place I stayed was "german" in that it was Italy but the village spoke German. There are possibly others but I found it unusual.
nzl07