Labels

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where next

I have survived a year at "home". Well nearly survived. I experienced my first "spill".  I have had an off or two but this was a beauty.  Have no idea how it happened and no recollection of it at all. Not even any pictures. I just did a beaut crash. Broke a bone or two, but thankfully they heal, although slowly I now find. Happily NZL04 is mostly unscathed. Fortunately I have a friend that works magic with bikes.

So now my plans are up in the air.

I still want to ride from the top of the US to the bottom of South America.......sometime.  This is a nature ride because it has some of the best remote riding I have ever seen.

And I still want to ride round the Mediterranean.  Spain, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Saudi, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Albania, Croatia, Italy, etc to Frankfurt.  And this is an historical ride. I started off on these ventures to try to get some understanding of the world and the people. It has been fantastic. So now I have one more place. The Mid East. It has more human history than the rest of the earth I believe. So I want to go.

I will keep you posted.

NZL04